Replacement central heating-likely cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Could someone advise of likely cost to replace my old CH system (15 years old), currently a Baxi, microbore pipes to rads, also heats water in HW cylinder with a top up tank up above. Can't remember what you call this type of heating system.

I live in a ground floor one bedroom flat, require 6 rads, would like the Worcester 24 or 28i Combi which will also give me HW. Currently have electric shower but would like to upgrade to a mixer shower in the future. There is also access under the floor. Can somebody advise what I should expect to pay?

PS I live in Paisley, can anyone recommend a good CH installer in my area?

Regards Steveo

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to replace your central heating? Is there a serious problem at the moment with the heating as 15 years is nothing for central heating renewal. The microbore does just as well as having it all ripped out for 15mm, will just take that bit longer to heat up with Microbore admittedly. You can have a new boiler and leave the old central heating in place?

Neds
Thanks for the reply. I should have said I have said I have had my fair share of problems eg pump replaced, some rads don't heat as well as others, at last service I was advised the heat exchanger would need replaced soon and I want to have a mixer shower when I upgrade the bathroom.

Look forward to other replies.

Obviously I haven't seen your ch system, but as said above, at this age the rads and pipe work should be good enough to keep.

You mention wanting a mixer shower :confused: This really has nothing to do with the ch system, or are you implying that you want a combi fitted and you have a standard boiler and HW cyl at present?

For a basic boiler change to combi and bringing the system up to current regs, with a proper flush, I would guess you would be looking at very approx £2200-£2500.

Sponsored Links
In February this year I had my old boiler changed to a combi for 1400, including the boiler which I was told costs 530.

PS - British Gas quoted me 4000 for the same job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back