Replacement dual flush and inlet valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace the innards of our main bathroom toilet, it's currently the old ball valve and syphon type with close coupled cistern.

I've seen this new Fluidmaster PRO750UK & fill valve which looks to be ideal, have any of you guys installed / used one? - I've read a couple of reviews which say they make a loud bang when using the short fill, have you experienced the same? How loud is it and is there a fix?

I notice the older push button version "appears" to be the same main part from the photo but no-one mentions any loud bangs on using the short flush on that one...

Also, is the bottom fill valve in the above link okay or do i really need to pay the extra for the brass version?

Any advice appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The thud is only the valve shutting due to the half flush don't fully empty the cistern of water so water pressure on the valve when it closes.
You won't notice it after a while.
As for the brass version is always better but if you don't cross thread or over tighten the nut on the valve they are fine.
Good alround kit.

Fluidmaster PRO Flapper Valve for flush, PRO45B or PRO75B for the inlet valve.
It's what I've got and won't change.
Unless I win the lottery, then I'll go with a flush mechanism with an IR sensor like the Dudley Electro system.

Sponsored Links
just to say thanks! I fitted the 750 and valve today and all is well. I was a little apprenhisive about cross threading the valve when attaching to the feed pipe and had to retighten a few time to stop leaks but its okay now. If I had a choice again, I would go with the brass version.

The one thing that isn't obvious from the photo's is the handle supplied with the Fluidmaster is plastic and feels a little cheap. If there was a way of re-using the existing handle (or fluidmaster supplied a metal version) it would be much better.

The "bang" isn't that loud at all, maybe it's due to me having a ceramic cistern but I would'nt have even noticed it if the reviews hadn't mentioned it!

Hope this is useful to someone else that maybe interested in swapping their innards!? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back