Replacing Screeching Toilet Fill Valve?

Sponsored Links
If replacing the complete valve then isolate and drain water first, unscrew and remove old valve and replace with new valve shown in the second link.
However I believe you can unclip the top and replace the washer/diaphram on it`s own.

If replacing the complete valve then isolate and drain water first, unscrew and remove old valve and replace with new valve shown in the second link.
However I believe you can unclip the top and replace the washer/diaphram on it`s own.

I unclipped the top and pushed the new one on then clipped it to lock in place - it appears to have worked. Bottom was in okay condition.

Do the levels look about right? Are there critical levels that need to adhered to?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FdDmuQRooYyEF4Mo8

Level looks spot on. That marking on the cistern shows the fill level for a 6 litre flush. So long as the float is free to move up and down without catching on the cistern wall it should be fine.

Sponsored Links
Level looks spot on. That marking on the cistern shows the fill level for a 6 litre flush. So long as the float is free to move up and down without catching on the cistern wall it should be fine.

Thanks - I tried to recreate the height of the previous unit and it looks similar if not ever so slightly lower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back