attempting to replace fill valve - need thoughts on picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our toilet is making a loud groaning noise after flushing. From reading these forums it sounds like a problem with the fill valve - so I've bought a replacement - http://www.screwfix.com/p/fluidmaster-bottom-entry-fill-valve-uk/84007

It sounds reasonably straightforward to replace, but the bit I'm not sure about is undoing all the pipes etc. I've posted an image below and was wondering if someone who knew what they were doing might be able to explain the best way to undo it so I can install the new valve?

View media item 57497

Sponsored Links
The fitting above the "Tee" is an isolating valve, turn screw horizontal this will turn off the water, (hopefully)
you can then remove the fittings ABOVE the isolating valve and refit New Fill valve, you can also adjust water pressure using the screw to "just off vertical" if needed

Turn of the isolation valve (turn slot to sideways).
Press the flush to help empty the cistern then undo the brass nut at the top then the plastic nut holding the ballvalve and remove.
Some water will come out so have a towel or bowl ready.

Sponsored Links
If you can't count, what makes you think you can do a simple DIY job?

There is only one pipe!!

Why don't you tell us what you think you need to do.

That way we will have a beter understanding of where you need guidance,

Many thanks bosswhite and onecog, appreciate your help and it made the job very straight forward in the end.

@buck51 I'm a novice and was just asking for some advice. To me it looked like more than one pipe. Your comments are like if I were to criticise your spelling and punctuation - entirely unnecessary.

There is only one pipe!!

That was very helpful well done that person. :rolleyes:

There is only one pipe!!

Think every one else fully understood.

Seems only you had problems understanding :(

Pedantic.
You think so?
Based on your post, the world and his wife will get the impression that an isolating valve reduces pressure. Does it?

International League of Pedants.
Motto: Accuracy Over Tact.

tumblr_la1vx5FOhM1qzeaodo1_400.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back