replacement elements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken the heating element out of a small commercial glass washer, it is shorting out, a replacement cost on average £50.00 plus vat etc. Googling for alternatives I have found very similar element heaters for Hotpoint Creda etc washing machines at around £10.00. but cannot find out if the elongated hole with round ends into which the rubber grommet fits is of a standard size. Can any one help please.

There must be dimensional drawings available for elements somewhere?

DIYJoe

Sponsored Links
Elements are made to the design of the end user, certainly in domestic appliances.
The designer will specify dimensions & the Kw loading.

Thanks diyisfun,

I take your point regarding wattage voltage , length of element, but the water tight mounting grommet and metal clamp plate seem to be of a standard size, the copy manufactured elements fit many washing machines mounting holes in the same way as hot water tank mounting is standard for immersion elements whatever their length or wattage.

I have chosen a Creda element and asked the wholesaler to measure the mounting but no reply so far. I wonder if anyone has a failed one taken from a hopoint or creda they could measure for me.?

diyjoe

Sponsored Links
You may find that even though a cheaper element will fit that it will not last as long.
I did a large commercial steam and fan oven not long ago, fan oven element for it costs £150 but a £45 domestic one would fit. I know however that the proper one is designed to be run constantly everyday with heavy loading and will last years, the cheaper one would need replacing alot sooner and at additional cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back