Replacement Fan isolator switch wiring issue

Back box was and is earthed, as is new metal faceplate. As to the colours used on the neutrals that's down to the spark that installed it, but having worked with him I wouldn't say he was an idiot. My original question has been resolved now but thanks for your comments anyway.

Sponsored Links
As to the colours used on the neutrals that's down to the spark that installed it, but having worked with him I wouldn't say he was an idiot.
He absolutely is if he thinks PVC/PVC single brown is acceptable for neutral. He didn't even remark them. Not sure why he didn't use PVC/PVC blue if he needed them though. The normal way would either be three-core & Earth (the most usual way) or use T&E (brown & blue) with a PVC/PVC brown. Regardless of how it is done brown can never, ever be used for neutral - it must be remarked or preferably the correct colour cable core used in the first place.

I checked and the N wires are grey with blue sleeves, it's just the colours of the image and lighting that make them look brown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back