Replacement for a Securit 700l

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an old Securit 700l installed in my house, been there since 1996 according to the paperwork, I have been in 8 years and its been fine. It has now stopped functioning and i have decided it is time for an upgrade.
I am therefore looking for a reliable DIY alarm that I can install in its place. I am hoping to use the working PIRs internal sounders and panic buttons as well as existing wiring.
I need a new bell box and keypad and want to add a couple more PIR's.

Makes a total of
8 PIRs
2 door contacts
2 panic buttons

The wife would like an attractive looking keypad.

Also is it possible to program so I can enter the house either through the front door, where the keypad is situated, or through the garage, which would have either a PIR or a door contact but i dont have a keypad at this end of the house.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Either top quality Galaxy G2-20 or for more of a budget a Texecom Premier.
Both good functional panels, the Texecom range are slightly more pleasing on the eye and have multiple variants of the keypad style/colour and fitments.

I'd argue (as a professional installer myself) you should stay away from the Acenta/Optima/Yale variety. Some may argue that they never have a problem, I'm just not a fan.

The Galaxy would be my first choice, however here are some examples.

http://www.buythis.co.uk/open_product.asp?pid=4040&catId=153&source=Froogle

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=texecom+...36c8f4ddcfbad1&bpcl=36601534&biw=1280&bih=671

A basic 9448 from Alert Electrical should do the trick... you recommended one to me in another post Alarm Man.. Ed you can enter through the garage but two entry routes reduce your security in my opinion, emphasis on "my opinion", others may differ. Strictly speaking I would recommend a dual technology sensor in the garage, heavy duty contact on the main garage door and a standard door contact from garage to house. What's there at the moment ?

Thanks Guys,

Nothing in the garage atm, its one of the areas i want to alarm.
Not sure how though as when the alarm is set, currently I drive into the garage close the door and then enter through the front door.
Would be nice to somehow drive into the garage then through the door to the kitchen. But I would like both these doors alarmed.
I guess i could forgo alarming the garage door.

The Galaxy was one i was already looking at. Just like to make sure it will do what i require and comes with good installation/programming details.

Ed

Sponsored Links
A heavy duty on the main door, or a contact on the door from garage to house ?

How do the key fobs work on the galaxy?
Could I used one of those when entering the garage in the car?

Thanks for your help.

2 different ways, key fobs are presented to the RKP to disarm. RF (wireless) fobs will work even outside the property however requires an RF Portal, range obviously depends on location of RF portals (up to 2 can be fitted)

Thanks Alarm Man!

Can you tell me one last thing. With the Galaxy G2 will i get all installation and engineering paperwork with it, if I order a system.

Ta

So a galaxy panel is provided without instructions, is that correct ?

So a galaxy panel is provided without instructions, is that correct ?
YES, how many more times?

It's a professional panel, NOT DiY.
Manuals are available to alarm companies.

Unfortunately, as I have already said they can be found.

".... YES, how many more times?.... "

A few thousand if you've got the time. You contradict yourself insofar that you say it is available on the internet yet not in the cardboard box which the galaxy comes in. I, like so many others on the site have a few dvd's full of instruction manuals ..... each supplied with trade control panels. Every panel I have used has both instruction manual and user manual. But if you want, I'll get back to you with exact specifics ... so, yes to "how many more times ?"

You contradict yourself insofar that you say it is available on the internet yet not in the cardboard box which the galaxy comes in.
How on earth is that a contradiction, it's the truth.

You don't use galaxy very much then, never had to open up a new one?

You would have a problem using one for the first time on site, there is NOT an installation manual supplied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back