Replacement for a Securit 700l

I'll take on board what you say, however, if a control panel is shipped without engineer and user instructions I am pleased to say that I shall not even give galaxy a second thought. My search on this product is not complete but I'll give you the benefit since there are a few hundred panels out there which are a surefire comparison. I digress, your comment has put me off the mere thought of galaxy forever. There must be an installer on this forum who has used an equivalent from another manufacturer.... No Instructions ... never heard of it !!!

Sponsored Links
Galaxy panels come with full user instructions, and a quick engineering set up guide.

The full engineers manual for a G2, G3 or Dimension is 90 odd pages, the older variant where over a hundred.

Whats the point? If I install 5 G2's a week I have 5 engineer manuals.

I'd say this was a cost saving measure, brought in well before people illegally uploaded them to their websites. I personally think it's a good idea. I would not be put off buying or using a Galaxy, especially the G2 variants as these now are much more suited to DIY.

Aritech don't and I thought Scantronic where also going to go down this road, I opened a RF TX'er from Scanny the other day and that hand 3 thick manuals for loads of different languages, this not only costs a fortune to print but also do increase carriage charges, let alone the environmental waste.

Remember Galaxy ranges are indeed "trade" panel not for DIY, however you could get your hands on Galaxy equipment when it was owned by Ademco Microtech, I believe Gardiner didn't even carry them. Since Honeywell took over there ten a penny.

Alarm Man, could you answer this question with a simple yes or no, since I'm really up the swanee on this one:- Does the galaxy panel come with installation and user instructions ?

Thankyou Alarm Man.

Sponsored Links
Surely it must come with some sort of installation and user instruction ?

what bit dont you understand THEY DONT COME WITH A ENGINEER MANUAL....a lot of panels now dont come with an engineer manual as most are for professional use only and most manuals just get binned...

Are you including the few thousand that do come with an engineering manual ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back