Replacement for Alpha 240p combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rental property in Kent which has an Alpha 240p combi boiler approx 15 years old. Earlier this year the service engineer suggested that as the boiler is old, I should be considering a replacement.

So my question is what is a good reliable brand of combi boiler which could be easily fitted as a replacement for the existing Alpha 240p?

The existing boiler is fitted in the kitchen on an outer wall with a short horizontal flue. All electrics and plumbing are in place apart from a condensate drain which will need adding.

Also what sort of money am I looking at for an installation? As far as I can see it should be a simple swap but will need a power flush and maybe a magnatec filter added.

All info welcome.

Sponsored Links
If you mean the 240 evo if there's nothing actually wrong with it, keep it; quite solid boiler.

I would charge £840 plus cost of boiler to fit a new one.

Work that out.

Tony

Change it for a baxi duotec HE A the pipe centres all match up and will look neater being in your kitchen . and comes with a 7 year g`tee.

Sponsored Links
THanks for the suggestions guys, the Baxi sounds reasonable, I was wondering if a Viessman Vitodens 100-w 26 would also be suitable, comes with a 10 year guarantee apparantly.

all installers have their own opinions on boiler brands , if you decide on the Viessman make sure your installer thoroughly cleans the existing system and installs a filter, these boilers do not tolerate dirty water and your warranty will not cover a dirty system

if you install one of the newer Alphas and use the premier pack you wouldnt need a system filter as this is incorporated in the premier pack, you can also purchase one of the filters seperately and this will increase the warranty period but using the premier pack offers the best warranty

Had a quote from a local heating engineer who suggested an Ideal Logic + 30 would be a good replacement and comes complete with a 7 year guarantee.

Fully fitted price compete with power flush & scale inhibitor is £1300.

I was initially skeptical about the Ideal Logic + due to poor reliability of earlier models. After some research, it seems that the latest models are actually quite good hence the 7 year guarantee.

Currently I have a BG boiler service contract which presumably I could stop and use the Ideal Logic guarantee instead. I would still have to have an annual service and gas safety certificate done independently. The savings from not having a BG service contract over 7 years would nearly pay for the boiler, so seems like a good idea, assuming the Ideal Logic guarantee is any good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back