Replacement for Salus RT300RF Wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

My Salus RT300RF thermostat has stopped working because the batteries have leaked. The rest of the heating system and the receiver work fine, the only issue is I now can't turn the heating on because the thermostat is dead.

1. I've found a second hand RT300RF thermostat - if I buy this can I just connect it to the existing receiver? If so, how easy is this / what do I do ?!

2. Or does anyone know which other Salus thermostats are compatible with the RT300RF receiver? They don't seem to make the thermostat I have anymore so I'm not sure what other one would replace it

3. OR will none of these options work and will I need someone to come out and look at it?

Any help would be SO appreciated :)

P.S. I know VERY LITTLE about any of this but am just trying to work out if it could be an easy fix and save me some money!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Can you post a pic of the original thermostat, where the batteries have leaked?
If the damage is only in the battery compartment, often the battery terminals can be cleaned up (scraped/filed and cleaned with white vinegar/lemon juice, or isopropyl alcohol).
This could save a bit of money! :)

Last edited:
Manual here
https://salus-controls.com/files/RT300RF-Manual-005-cr.pdf

Looks like they may all be set the same in the Factory.
There is a note in the Manual that the connection between the Stat and Receiver can be changed if there is another Stat within receiving distance.
i.e. If your Neighbour has the same Unit, their Stat can trigger your Receiver.
Also looks like you can have multiple Stats in your House all talking to your Receiver.

A used one should be OK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back