Salus RT300RF Thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace an existing thermostat with a Salus RT300RF. The existing stat is connected to a Siemens controller by only two wires, presumable acting as a simple SPST switch. The Salus appears to need permanent 230v line current to function. I assume that, in addition to connecting the existing 2 wires to the Salus's Line and HeatOn terminals, I need to provide a third wire to function as a neutral to allow the stat receiver to have permanent available voltage. Can someone confirm this analysis? Thanks

Sponsored Links
The Salus appears to need permanent 230v line current to function.
Yes , the receiver requires 230v supply to work, so you will need a neutral connection as well as a live.

I assume that, in addition to connecting the existing 2 wires to the Salus's Line and HeatOn terminals,
Be careful!

If your existing thermostat is switching 230v from the wiring centre, you can use the Salus stat as supplied. But if your existing switch is taking it's supply from the boiler (aka volt-free switching) you need to remove the link on the back.

See RT300F Manual

You will need a three core plus earth from wiring centre to thermostat (earth is not used). Make sure that you check radio communication between room unit and receiver before fixing the receiver to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back