Replacing Salus rt200 with rt300rf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a RT200 stat located in my lounge, which means that the upstairs doesn't really get a chance to warm up. I want to put a RT300rf wireless receiver in the same place, which would give me a portable stat I can move around the house.

The RT200 has terminals labelled L, N and SL and when I look at the Salus website the RT300rf receiver has L, N, COM and NO.

That leaves me one wire short, but I've been told by Salus that I can use the existing wiring by connecting L to L, N to N, SL to NO, then put in a link wire from L to COM.

I've had a good look through the wiki and forum, but I'm badly confused - some RT300rf posts seem to refer to more/different terminals, voltless connections, 230 volt connections and so on, and none of them suggest the fix above.

Can anyone give me the true word? Or recommend a different wireless stat that will run on the existing wiring? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Wot the Salus man said. Sounds to me you have no idea what you are doing. I'd advise you to get some one in who does. ;)

That was the plan - but only after I had sorted out a device compatible with my wiring. Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back