Connecting Salus RT300RF Wireless Stat to Siemens RWB7 Prog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I would be very grateful if someone can explain to me (in simple terms) how to connect my new Salus RT300RF wireless room thermostat to my existing Siemens RWB7 Programmer (6 connections -NL1234 with 4 wires from my Alfa CB40 Combi going to N&L & 3&4 - plus the earths of course. There are 5 connections on the Salus receiver - SL (off), live in, SL (on) on the top and N & L on the bottom, there is a link from live in to L which has to be removed for volt free operation. I know it may be simple but I have never wired one before.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Dave

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it is connections 3 and 4 as it should be connections 2 and 4

Hello
I have just put my glasses on :eek: and yes you are correct it is 2&4!

you need a permanent L an N to receiver L an N then take a cable back from your receiver to the clock .
Take the wire out of connection 2 and put it into the spare terminal 1 on back plate along with the wire to live in on the salus receiver then put the wire that comes from SL on into terminal 2

Sponsored Links
you need a permanent L an N to receiver L an N then take a cable back from your receiver to the clock .
Take the wire out of connection 2 and put it into the spare terminal 1 on back plate along with the wire to live in on the salus receiver then put the wire that comes from SL on into terminal 2
As there are two wires from boiler to RWB7 (T2 and T4), doesn't that indicate volt free switching? If so the link on the back of the Salus must be removed.

Yes there are 2 x 3 core wires from the boiler to the programmer. So am I safe to assume it is volt free and that I can remove the link.

Thank you very much. If I can just run through this to make sure I have it right:
Remove the link and-
1) Run a permanent live and neutral to the L&N connections on the RT300 receiver.
2) Take out the wire in connection 2 in the programmer and put it in connection 1 on the receiver and run a wire from 1 to the 'Live in' on the Salus receiver.
3) Run a wire from 'SL on' on the receiver to terminal 2 on the programmer.

If this is correct can I run the L&N in step one from the programmer?
Thanks again
Dave

Thank you very much for your help the thermostat works very well. It is a running cost savings exercise and the boiler will now only come on when the temperatures are at our minimum settings. Further to this can you tell me the best temperature setting to have on the boiler, at the moment I think it is on 3 for the heating.
Thanks again

My personall thoughts on it are have the boiler stat up at max, theory being the quicker and hotter the rads get the quicker the room gets up to temp and turns boiler off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back