Replacement for Wilo Gold60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH pump, a Wilo Gold 60 seems to be giving up the ghost so I would welcome a recommendation for a replacement of at least the same power anything that would help getting the water to the far reaches of the house would help.

Sponsored Links
replacement pumps these days have to be energy efficient, but are not as good yet as the old pumps see if you can get a hold of a standard efficiency Grundfoss 15-60 and you wont go wrong, but if your Wilo has failed due to sludge in your system then it will not matter what you replace it with , you will have to deal with the contamination problem first

The problem with the pump seems related to the electrics rather than the pump itself.

Last week it refused to start until I tried selecting a different speed. Yesterday it stopped and I had to twist the speed controller back and forth a few times and I now seem to have only one speed when it is working.

If its only working at all on the fastest setting then the capacitor has probably lost most of its value.

Easy to change ideally with another cap from a pump.

Fairly common problem with older Wilo pumps.

If safety is not a problem then any suitably rated ( 2.6 uF 440 vac ) capacitor can be fitted outside.

If you have access to a suitable meter the pump cap can be measured after taking it out. Some are soldered in on a small PCB.

Tony

Sponsored Links
OK it seems to have quit completely now. The pump has stopped and there is a distinct smell of burning electronics about it.

Assuming that it really does need replacing, what would you suggest?

I would look for a more recent Wilo pump and see if the head would fit the veloute.

Because there are several Wilo pumps which look similar but have small differences its difficult to be so sure.

Changing the pump head is so easy compared with the whole pump.

Otherwise any similar pump will do.

You are recommended to have the current energy efficient ones but for the moment I would try to find an older one until the inrush current problems on some of the new ones are overcome.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back