Lukewarm radiators downstairs. Replace the Wilo 50 pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been tinkering with my heating for weeks trying to get it to work better.

Radiators downstairs only get lukewarm after 2 hours. I've already flushed using Sentinel sludge remover left in for 4 weeks.

Wondering now if it is time to replace the pump? The pump does seem to spin (I can hear the water flowing when it is on), but it is already turned to maximum power.

Is it worth replacing? And if so, what with?

My current pump is a Wilo 50 (sorry for poor photo). Not sure if that is big enough for a 5 bedroom 3 story house with 13 radiators? If I replace it is it worth getting the next size up?

The closest model I can find is the "Wilo Gold RS50 Domestic Circulating Pump". Should that fit where the existing one is without any new parts?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Do the downstairs rads get hotter, faster, if you turn off the upstairs rads?

If they do, it could be that your system needs balancing.

Do the downstairs rads get hotter, faster, if you turn off the upstairs rads?

If they do, it could be that your system needs balancing.

Thanks. I'll try that tonight.

Downstairs are big cast iron radiators - so will take longer to warm anyway. But even after heating being on full for 3 hours they are only a little bit warm, whereas the modern ones upstairs are hot hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back