Replacement fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like one in my consumer unit is on the way out, it's a slightly older type and i'm struggling to find a like-for-like replacement. Is there a newer model that will likely be compatible?

Current one: MK LN 5932s B32

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry, that would help. No.4 is not tripping properly and is arching at times. I've had one go on a newer consumer unit where it burnt out the back but never tripped, was fine once it was replaced. This one is quite a few years old, probably not square on the bar doesn't help.

MK said a 5932s will fit, I must be losing it as can't find one.

fuse.JPG

Thanks Andy, saw that but as it is used I wasn't sure if I would end up being left in the same situation.

Called MK technical and they said whilst the LN5932s isn't available the newer 5932s is and that's compatible even though the switch button is in a different location. It's an older consumer unit so at some point it's probably worth replacing. I have an extension planned for later in the year so that's a perfect opportunity. I just need something to get me through.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
ok, chaps. Seems like ebay is probably the quickest/easiest. Ordered – thanks for your help.

What do you mean by "not tripping properly"? What are you doing which should make it trip?

nothing really but i've noticed a couple of times recently the sockets in one room have lost power but the fuse hasn't tripped, when I flick the fuse on/off it seems fine. Last night I heard it arching and a lamp was flashing on/off, again it was fine when flicked on/off.

I had the same with another fuse in a new consumer unit. The power to the fridge went but the fuse never tripped, flicking it on/off it was fine. I wasn't happy with that so checked it to find the back of the fuse had burnt out. There were a faulty batch of MK fuses a few years back causing the issue.

I'll replace the fuse and go from there.

nothing really but i've noticed a couple of times recently the sockets in one room have lost power but the fuse hasn't tripped, when I flick the fuse on/off it seems fine. Last night I heard it arching and a lamp was flashing on/off, again it was fine when flicked on/off.
Fair enough. It therefore definitely does sound as if it is a faulty one ('breaker'/MCB, not "fuse"!) - which, as you have surmised, needs to be replaced.

Kind Regards, John

It was a faulty MCB, the old one had some marks where it had been arching. Back together and been fine for several weeks now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back