Replacement kitchen cabinet doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen is only 5 years old but I want to replace the doors for something lighter in colour.

Is there any particular place that does good quality replacement doors?

The place I got my kitchen from does replacement doors (supplied by BA Components) but, whilst their fitting team were fab, their after sales service is atrocious which makes me a bit nervous about using them again. The kitchen itself is a JJ Ormerod kitchen but every single door, drawer front and cornice has delaminated over the 5 years so I'm not sure about their quality.

Would appreciate any advice :)

Alison

Sponsored Links
What kind of doors do you want as replacements...pinenot :)

Just a high gloss off white/ivory/cream slab door (maybe with bevelled edges but not essential).

Not sure whether to get a solid wood door painted in the right colour or not - thought the high gloss would be easy to maintain and keep clean.

Well there are so many places offering these days, where to start. Certainly B&Q did a door similar to your description (shaped both long edges) with matching doors and even if there not high gloss, at something like £ 5.00 for a 500mm door, you could get someone who sprays to do a super high gloss finish to them and still be quids in.
The biggest problem is getting the bang on correct size, measure your existing ones (in mm) and go and have a look first. B&Q, Wikes, Ikea, Homebase, Screwfix etc. etc. Then have a look on line, compare the prices, finishes offered and most importantly the sizes.
Hope you know the work involved, especially with drawer fronts!...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
The vinyl wrap doors are not good under hot conditions, wife keeps melting ours with the toaster.

Just a high gloss off white/ivory/cream slab door (maybe with bevelled edges but not essential).

Not sure whether to get a solid wood door painted in the right colour or not - thought the high gloss would be easy to maintain and keep clean.
Found cream slab doors on ebay at a good price.

I bought some sample doors from The Kitchen Door Workshop Ltd.....excellent stuff and I have no doubt that will be a future project for me :confused: :p
John :)

Thanks all. This is the problem - so many places offering but it's getting decent quality.

I think I might have seen the Kitchen Door Workshop on a search. I'll have a look. Did you get vinyl wrapped or solid wood?

Also, what's the difference between vinyl wrapped and foil wrapped (or whatever they're called)?

The two samples I have (haven't looked at them for a while) are in brilliant white.
One is called Zurfiz, the other named Venice. Out of the two, Zurfiz seems the better although they are both good quality.
The surface (whatever that may be) appears to have been sprayed on and then cured......thats all I can say, really!
John :)

Thanks all. This is the problem - so many places offering but it's getting decent quality.

I think I might have seen the Kitchen Door Workshop on a search. I'll have a look. Did you get vinyl wrapped or solid wood?

Also, what's the difference between vinyl wrapped and foil wrapped (or whatever they're called)?

Both are descriptions for modern veneer. One is simply vinyl (printed or otherwise) the other is a metal foil backed veneer which could be real wood, or more often high wearing high gloss finish...pinenot :)

We're finding this a continuing problem. There was a quality issue with the glue supplied to manufacturers of kitchen doors most of whom seem to be based in Ireland. Don't bother tracing and phoning the manufacturers because customer service is non-existent in this trade. Why do they pay people to be so unhelpful? Delamination is continuing in our kitchen although there is no problem with heat or condensation. One door was replaced just inside the five year guarantee period. If only I'd known more I'd have tried to get all of the doors replaced.

I'm hoping that the glue issue has gone away and that the replacements will last many years. I heard that the glue supplier went bust which, if correct, is good news. The source of our replacements has been mentioned earlier in the thread - The Kitchen Door Workshop. They provide colour samples and the new doors are a perfect match. They have a good website plus impressive service and packaging.You need to be very careful measuring and matching the style of doors. I find it a slow business fitting them but at this rate I will become an expert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back