Replacement of an old toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am debating whether to replace an old outside loo that I have in the garden.

The cold water feed is not an issue, the soil pipe is the problem.

I wonder if anybody can help with any ideas on how I can fit a traditional loo (close coupled) to the existing soil?

The cistern is an overhead cistern which I intend to do away with.

Sponsored Links
Keep it! That is ancient, and probably worth a few £ if you could remove it intact. Fit a wooden seat, chrome flush pipe maybe, and if the cistern is of similar vintage then restore that to good order, decorate and lay a floorcovering and it could make a nice feature.

When you're usually faced with a dusty space, full of cobwebs and rubbish, it's nice to find there's a few hidden gems left in terms of outside W.C.'s to be found when opening the door. :)

I agree with Hugh.

Even if Dauntless Rubberline cistern (better would be pre-war clank and pull) make feature of it!

Sponsored Links
+1 For keeping it.

Good quality bit of sanitary ware. Why replace it with the mostly vastly inferior stuff that's out there now? Tidy it up and enjoy something that is getting rare these days.

There's nothing better than pulling the chain, getting that reassuring clanking noise and seeing the Niagara flow from above that will shift anything. :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back