replacement pop up plug for sister in laws bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder is someone could point me in the right direction to obtaining a replacement plug, my sister in law has been using bleach (she no longer does) which does not go down well with chrome, her pop up plug 1 1/2 inch diameter with a o ring attached it has a central internal thread attached and merely screws down in the fitting below and is operated by a lever which is located behind the tap, I am trying to source one of these but cannot seem to find them anywhere, could some one give me an idea where i can purchase a like for like replacement
plug 2.jpg
plug.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. Have a look at https://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/plugs-chains.html
2. There should be a male threaded part to which the plug attaches.
2a. Very often these are not secured in any way, and may now have fallen down into the waste fitting. There is a risk this may cause a blockage at some point but probably not worth bothering about now.
2b. Sometimes the male threaded part is secured to the operating mechanism. If this is the case you should, with luck, be able to attach the top part of a replacement.

You're taking a risk that unless you can identify the exact make of it a new one might not fit. Might be better just replacing the whole waste - they're not expensive or difficult to fit. I recently had the rubber washer fail on one - I think the cost of a replacement washer and delivery wasn't far off that of a new unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back