Replacement Porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, well freddymercurystwin has kindly answered my question with regards to building regs, looking for a bit of general advice here now,

I have an existing porch which is timber construction and is in quite a poor state, with the base and roof being sound I would like to replace with a new timber frame, a UPVC door/frame in place of existing timber door, new UPVC window in place of existing sheet of glass, the timber frame would then be insulated, plasterboard and skimmed internally, externally would have a suitable ply or other material applied (open to suggestions) then looking at installing brick slips, so would appear to be off brick construction.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/building-regs-planning/replacement-porch.351200/#ixzz2HrxurxDJ

Fairly comfortable with the frame construction, has anyone had any experience of using brick slips? Any suggestions for tying timber frame into house external walls?

Many thanks, Paul

Sponsored Links
Hi.
I built mine 4 concrete blocks high then timber up to the roof.
The concrete blocks were then clad externally with slate brick slips (north wales) and internally with timber cladding and it looks good.
I stuck the slips on with gripfill and pointed with a lime/cement mortar and so far (6 months) no problems.I drilled my 4x4 timbers and used 175mm frame fixings (coutersunk) to tie in to the house.I will put on a photo tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back