Replacement roof - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We've just moved into a farmhouse in Surrey. We were planning to just patch up the roof but now it looks like something more substantial is required. One "L" shape section of original roof needs replacing (gaps in timbers, rotten sections etc). The area is approximately 5m x 10m plus another attached section of 5m x 5m. It's an old house and we're looking to use farmhouse red clay tiles. All beams will need to be replaced as well.

We have some local builders in who were doing the patching up. They've estimated about 30K for the whole job (approx 10K for scaff roof to cover the square that includes the "L" - roughly 10m x 10m, 10K wood/tiles/consumables, and 10K labour for them).

Am inclined to go with them but can anyone reassure me that it's a good price?

Am trying to get other quotes in but as I'd already agreed 4 weeks work to do the patching up at the moment their sitting on their hands while I get my head around the bigger sized job.

Any help really appreciated!

Sponsored Links
10k for scaffold! they gotta be kidding.

Get more estimates in.

10k for scaffold! they gotta be kidding.

Get more estimates in.

Thanks it was "all in" so no rental on it. Should be there for a couple of months at least. Do have a couple of other builders coming around first thing so should get a clearer picture. First builders will have to wait until I get a clearer picture, it's my money after all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back