Replacement single pane wooden windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenin'all,

A wooden window in my victorian built flat is rotten beyond repair. Any ideas where I can get a replacement please? I have searched everywhere with no luck...

GW

Sponsored Links
You'll need to speak to a joinery manufacturer and have it made bespoke, i doubt you'll get one from anywhere off the shelf.

Also bear in mind the part 'L' regs, new replacement windows need to be double glazed with a minimum of a 24mm DG unit now, not single glazed, unless its a listed building or a conservation area.

Also you need to check that the company who will make the window can prove its 'U' value

Wood filler it is then....lots and lots of wood filler....

Thanks Crank.

Sponsored Links
If you're just replacing a sash not the frame you can replace like for like, Where abouts in London are you?

Correct as above , just get a replacement sash made. i could do this and glaze and fit it, depends where in London you are. Do not need a complete window

Ah!! I wish I read this before the weekend. I have subsequently filled and repainted. I shall see how long this lasts!

Twickenham, and they casement (by the way).

Thanks.

Next year when that repair fails pop it out and take it to your local joinery shop. They will probably charge between £50-£100 to make a new one and a glazier will probably charge £10-£30 to glaze it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back