Replacement trickle vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure of the brand of window/vent in my new build property though I know they are installed by Nationwide.

The trickle vents are terrible. When closed the draught where the vent meets the frame is significant and they closing flap isn't that airtight either also there is no tunnel from interior to exterior and therefore the whole unsealed and uninsulated part of the top of the window frame gets cold.

I did a bit of a search but could find a stockist of good replacements that solve these two issues.

Any leads/ideas please?

Sponsored Links
They just drill through the frame, and then glue them either side. Have a chat with some of your local suppliers, and see what they can offer you; or go back to nationwide and see what they can do.

Sponsored Links
Ironmongery Direct have a few.

Just the usual suspects though, nothing different about them just styles and colours, I've never seen a sleeved trickle vent in my 25+ years in pvc, certainly never seen one with say like a neoprene gasket.......

Dragons den are you listening?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back