Replacing 25mm Chipboard Flooring with 22mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Taken one of my panels up to replace and surprised to see it wasn’t 22mm it’s around 24mm. Going to be a problem as I will have a 2-3mm difference in height where the original floor is.

I either get 25mm ply (maybe marine/WBP) which seems quite a common size or I put 3mm ply on top of the 22mm flooring if that is possible?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
- Or pack on top of thr joists to take 22mm chipboard up to the level of the 24/25mm

- Or put the 22mm in and build up to the 24/25mm level with some self levelling compound

- Or pack on top of thr joists to take 22mm chipboard up to the level of the 24/25mm

- Or put the 22mm in and build up to the 24/25mm level with some self levelling compound

thanks

the gap is about 1.5 mm max and it’s actually going under some studwork most of the floor that needs replacing (120cmx60cm section of chipboard).

what’s best for packing a joist up ?

Sponsored Links
At 3 to 4mm I'd have said plywood. At 1.5mm possibly just install and use SLC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back