Replacing a bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I fitted my current alarm system over 10 years ago and have not had any problems until recently. Firstly, it kept on giving occasional tamper alarms, I checked the resistance of each tamper circuit which were all unstable, I have fixed this and now have a total resistance of 7ohms for all sensors in series and is stable. I have never changed the battery in the panel so i disconnected the mains to see how it performed, the panel started playing up after about half an hour so I have ordered a new battery.
Whilst testing the panel battery the external sounder went off but was very quiet so Iam guessing that the bell box backup power is failing so I intend to replace the bell box. The wiring at the panel for the bell box STROB + / STROB - / SCB T - / SCB A - / BELL D + / BELL B - . 6 wires in total (See photo) . In the same order Yellow / Blue / Green / White / Red / Black.
I don`t want to get involved with taking the cover off the bell box yet. Can anyone recommend a replacement bell box for 20 odd quid, and would the rewiring be straightforward?
Cheers
Frank

Sponsored Links
Texecom Odyssey 3 about £25 if you shop around.
Thanks mate.
Can you tell from the wiring at the panel whether it would be a straightforward swap? I have tried to find installation instructions for Texecom and other brands online, but it would appear they are top secret
Ta

Use everything apart from strobe +.
As long as your Accenta isnt too old and uses a switched pos for the strobe.

Sponsored Links
Use everything apart from strobe +.
As long as your Accenta isnt too old and uses a switched pos for the strobe.
It is 12 years old tops, is there any way I can check this with a multimeter and if it is too old what would be the best option

Yeah, as you have the lid open you know about dangers of electricity.

Close the lid tamper and then put it into strobe test.

Put a pos probe onto another positive (Not the strobe Terminal 21), , and the neg onto the strobe neg and you should get 13.4vdc or similar. Then you know it is a neg switched strobe.

Yeah, as you have the lid open you know about dangers of electricity.

Close the lid tamper and then put it into strobe test.

Put a pos probe onto another positive (Not the strobe Terminal 21), , and the neg onto the strobe neg and you should get 13.4vdc or similar. Then you know it is a neg switched strobe.
Thanks a lot, I will try it out tomorrow, does that mean there will be no voltage before going into strobe test?

Yes, that is correct. If there is, there is always another way of doing things.
Check first just to be sure.

Yes, that is correct. If there is, there is always another way of doing things.
Check first just to be sure.
Hiya mate, Yes it is defo switched on the strobe negative although the strobe itself doesn`t appear to work. The strobe positive is live all the time whether switched or not.

OMG, is that you in your alternative persona? :LOL:

Do I know a Legend, or is that in your own mind? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back