Replacing a Danfoss 4033 timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My timer has gone on the 4033 but i can still get HW and CH. what is the easiest and cost effective way of replacing this. Is it a case of just buying a new digital dual channel programmer? The thermostat motor etc all go into a wiring Centre so i assume i will not need to do any thing here. The back plate may need replacing as i have the mk3. All help will be appreciated. I am a competent engineer who is comfortable with electrics.

Sponsored Links
Any twin channel programmer will replace this unit. There will be a conversion chart in any unit that you buy to assist in rewiring. You will need to replace the backplate, and you may find that you need to extend your cables to the new backplate as everything come into the bottom of the 4033, and if it is mounted close to a shelf or worktop, they are likely to be too short.

Where would i get a back plate from? I assumed that they would come with the timer.

Sponsored Links
I am thinking about the following timer. Horstmann Centaurplus C27 ProgrammerProduct Code: 11225

Is this a straight forward swap? The wiring centre has all the other inputs going into it i.e thermostat etc.

There are better and more easily understood units than this. and whilst they may be a little more expensive, they are worth it. I like the Siemens RWB, but mainly because it has a higher switching capacity better suited to oil boilers. It also has abacklit display, very useful in dark airing cupboards.

Hi,

I am in a similar position; need to replace a Randall 3033, very similar but much older unit.

Having looked a number of programmers I am drawn to the Siemens RWB2007. http://eplumbstore.co.uk/siemens-1/...-day-diital-programmer-rwb2007-siemens?page=2
It has a large backlit display coupled with easy override mechanical functionality. The only thing is I can’t find any reviews.

Does any know have any experiences to share.

Regards,

Benny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back