Replacing a Honeywell T6360 with a CM907 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced an old Honeywell T6360 thermostat with a CM907 programable stat. I have followed the instructions connecting the old 1 & 3 wires to A & B and isolated the old No 2 and earth wires, however with the programmer (ST6400) set to CH Constant and HW Auto the heating performs correctly but we don’t get any HW. Thinking it may be the motorized valve I put back the old stat and everything worked OK. I’m sure I’ve wired it correctly; so I’m assuming the issue is the unused old wire 3 – any ideas?
I contacted Honeywell but they just said the programmer controls the HW!
BTW we have a modern Thermo compact boiler and a megaflow HW tank.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your interest.

We have Honeywell Motorized valves, 1 is by the HW tank I presume it controls when hot water flows into the loop to heat the water.
The other is close to the boiler which I guess is controlling the CH.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
The one by the HW tank is as per your top picture and the one by the boiler is also similar to the top one i.e. on both the flow is in/out.
Regards.

Hard to believe, in desperation I replaced the old programmer for a ST9400, put back the CM907 and bingo it all worked perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back