Replacing a Honeywell thermostat with Hive on a baxi combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I replaced my Honeywell thermostat with the hive receiver.
Green lights are on the receiver and hive thinks it's working, however the boiler isn't coming on.

i put the live to live and linked to the common on the hive and used the sw wire and placed on 3 for call for heat, what could be wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
IMG_0253.jpg

If there is a timer in the boiler it needs to be set to always on. You haven't said what model your boiler is.

the timer is switched to on as we only use the room stat to turn the heating on and of previously and its a Baxi Platinum 33he

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Power off, join the grey and brown wires together then power on, if the heating comes on then the Hive is faulty. If it doesn't come on, the problem is elsewhere.

heating comes on when i short the live and sw out, thanks for your input

is there any way to bell out the hive receiver to see if it switches?

You could, but the test you did suggests it isn't working. I assume you have the single channel hive?

ok so new hive unit arrived today, wired up and shows the heating working but the boiler still does not fire up, any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back