Baxi combi boiler - Honeywell to Hive thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the honeywell BDR91 thermostat which isn’t well, so have bought a hive - .
Looking at how it’s wired by the previous owner/installer, I’ve assumed the following

N- Hive N
Brown L - hive L
Brown loop L - also hive L ?????
Brown loop A - hive 1??
Earth in b - hive 3??

I’ve tried the above and boiler fires up, but no actual control of when the boiler fires from new hive thermostat. All is synced up hive wise, as in the receiver is saying that it’s telling the boiler to fire - but nothing.

As it’s late and cold, reverted back to old Honeywell one, works fine.

I’m lost! Any help appriciated

Attachments

• A1712666-C232-4D59-9C4B-2598414FA225.jpeg
    A1712666-C232-4D59-9C4B-2598414FA225.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 283
Sponsored Links
Hi Tucker,

If you’ve bought the single channel Hive, then:

L BDR to L on Hive
N on BDR to N on Hive
Loop in BDR shouldn’t be needed as Baxi wiring usually supplies 230V out, so this would go to Common, however could be wired differently, so if it is, place loop from L on Hive to Common on Hive.
Green/yellow (poor installation practice) on BDR to 3 on Hive and apply some brown insulation tape or sleeping to suggest to anyone working on it that it’s a potential live wire.

Should be plenty of searchable answers, with photos on here using the search tab. (y)

Thanks.

You probably have a timer either on the boiler or external, this has to be set to constantly on and the hive will then take control

You probably have a timer either on the boiler or external, this has to be set to constantly on and the hive will then take control
How would one do this with the following setup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
I tried to set a program to be in 24/7 but this jus makes the boiler stay on and if I press the manual over side the same thing happens it doesn’t take instruction from the hive even though connected and even though it previously used to work do you have any suggestions

Pictures attached

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0254.jpeg
    IMG_0254.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0255.jpeg
    IMG_0255.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 23

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back