Help Hive with Baxi boiler

Hope I don’t get beat is there a way I could phone u Chris can u pm me on here would really appreciate your help thanks

MOD: email address removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I have a couple of things you could try:

1. Do you have the correct version of Hive? You need the single channel version.

2. Test the two fuses under the black covers, you may have inadvertently done something that has blown one of them.

Hi yes I have single channel and when put old thermostat back on it works fine

Is the status light at the top of the receiver showing steady green?

What happens when you press the central heating button?

Sponsored Links
The light is green and when turn hive up the other light comes on and you here click but no heating

As a test you could move the blue wire from terminal 3 and put it in along with the brown wire in terminal 1. [No need to put the receiver back onto the backplate] When power is restored with the wiring like that if the heating comes on, the wiring is OK and the Hive is faulty. If it doesn't come 'on' there is a problem elsewhere.

Thanks I put 1 & 3 together in 1 and fired up straight away is it the receiver faulty

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Looks like it. Inside the receiver is a switch that when the Hive is meant to turn the heating 'on' it should electrically connect terminals 1 & 3 together. That's the click that you hear, so why it's not doing its job is a bit of a mystery.

The test shows the wiring is OK, so the Hive isn't making the electrical contact, despite the click.

• Thanks
Got new receiver but now I have to put on full for it to come on has the digital clock got anything do with this do I have to disconnect this thanks

Got new receiver but now I have to put on full for it to come on has the digital clock got anything do with this do I have to disconnect this thanks
The digital clock will have to be set to constantly on, or correctly disconnected and a link installed

• Thanks
it has a timer clock which is set to constant not sure how to set digital clock

upload_2020-11-2_10-54-3.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back