Hive heating and Baxi 105 He

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all been searching the net but not finding much info on fitting hive to a baxi 105he.

There isn't an external thermostat fitted at present so it has the link between wires.

Am i correct in thinking the wiring goes as folows

The usual live/neutral to N and L on the hive
Pin 1 on hive to pin 1 on wiring block with 230v coming out ( boiler )
Pin 3 on hive to pin 2 on wiring block ( boiler )

The pins 1 and 2 on the wiring block of boiler is where the 2 pins are currently linked on boiler

thanks

Attachments

• 20170527_135813.jpg
    20170527_135813.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,512
  • 20170527_134820.jpg
    20170527_134820.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,512
  • ScreenHunter 01.png
    ScreenHunter 01.png
    536.8 KB · Views: 2,015
Sponsored Links
I've fitted this this morning but for some reason the receiver isn't connecting to the thermostat.

When I first power it up the status light goes soild red for about half a second then soilid greèn for about half a second then off. According to the destructions it should be flashing amber when it's trying to find the hub. As I don't have a hub it's just a standalone system I press and hold the central heating button and it starts to flash white as to say it's looking for the thermostat, but the thermostat just keeps on saying searching, over 40 mins now.

I thought maybes I might have had the wiring the wrong way around, as I've used pin 1 and 3 in the receiver, bit pin 2 actually says CH OFF, but the heating will turn off and on if I press the central heating button on the receiver so that makes me think the wiring it correct?

Anyone got any advice?

Sponsored Links
From your description of the sequence of lights you have got the wrong receiver.
What you describe is the receiver for the British Gas wireless room thermostat.
Wiring wise they both use the same backplate and connections.
In fact I have just looked at your pictures and looking at the back of the receiver, you have definitely got the wrong one.
1 and 3 are the right connections 2 is not used.

krazylegz

You have joined a DIY site for advice ?

Does your purchased product come with installation instructions,a help line or just a link to this DIY site ?

A lot of info is available here but,your new purchased item needs to be installed correctly,ask your home insurance company if they are ok with you fecking around with mains electric (in writing),

Plenty of tradespeople around to install it so it does not cause danger or invalidate any warranty,insurance and the rest.

good luck

From your description of the sequence of lights you have got the wrong receiver.
What you describe is the receiver for the British Gas wireless room thermostat.
Wiring wise they both use the same backplate and connections.
In fact I have just looked at your pictures and looking at the back of the receiver, you have definitely got the wrong one.
1 and 3 are the right connections 2 is not used.

Thank you mate, I'll get in touch with them as they advertised it as a hive receiver.

krazylegz

You have joined a DIY site for advice ?

Does your purchased product come with installation instructions,a help line or just a link to this DIY site ?

A lot of info is available here but,your new purchased item needs to be installed correctly,ask your home insurance company if they are ok with you fecking around with mains electric (in writing),

Plenty of tradespeople around to install it so it does not cause danger or invalidate any warranty,insurance and the rest.

good luck
Isn't that what forums are for, advice???

Dont know what item you purchased but i Hope you aint purchased a fake !.

If my reply has been helpful please dont thank me but make a one off donation to the anne frank trust uk.http://digitalbridge.annefrank.org.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back