Replacing a mechanical Sunvic room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks... after some advice if you please.

I would like to replace the crappy old Sunvic TLX 2259 room thermostat in my living room. It's currently placed in a recess under the stairs which isn't the most effective place to gauge the average temperature in the house.

What I would like to do is replace it with a wireless unit. The main reason for this is to help me keep control of the temperature in our impending arrivals nursery (or whatever room he/she will be in for an extended period of time)

I'm not too fussed about a solution with programmable cycles as this is already taken care of by the unit in the airing cupboard controlling the HW & CH cycles.

Does anyone have a recommendation for me? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
To control the temperature in a particular room (eg, the nursery you mention) you need to have a thermostatic valve fitted on the radiator in that room. A room thermostat (wireless or otherwise) is used to control the operation of the heating of all the house, based on the temperature of the room the thermostat is located in. Bedrooms are usually required to be a little cooler than a living room, for example, so the room thermostat should be in a living room or hallway where there is a radiator that DOESN'T have a thermostatic valve. Then each bedroom rad has its own thermostatic valve which allows those room's temperatures to be regulated, usually a little lower. Not good to make a baby's room too hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back