Thermostat Replacement Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm replacing my old analogue thermostat (Sunvic TLX 2259), which currently has 4 wires, a brown, black, light blue and green yellow.

Im replacing it with a Salus RT300 digital programmable room thermostat, which has 3 connections; Live, Switch Live and Earth.

The controller is connected to an existing Baxi boiler with a manual timer override on the front.

How do I know which wires connect in, and how do I get this to operate my boiler?

Thanks,

Simon

Sponsored Links
First of all the Salus RT300 is not a programmable thermostat. It is just a thermostat, so you will still need to use the timer on the boiler as you do now.

The Sunvic should have a circuit diagram in the lid. From that you can identify the wires as being:

Terminal 3 = Live
Terminal 1 = Switched Live (or heating on)
Terminal 4 = Neutral
Earth = Earth

Unfortunately which colour is which would have been chosen by the original installer, so I can't say what each colour is, but:

The wire presently in the Terminal 3 goes to Salus L.

The wire presently in Terminal 1 goes to Salus SL

The wire presently in terminal 4 (neutral) is not required because the Salus is battery powered. So insulate it in a screw connector and tuck it safely out of the way.

Earth = Earth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back