Replacing a timer delay light switch

... switch off this light via the switch also switches off all other room lights. Hence I'm having to keep switching off and on several times from the mains.

Am I right in thinking you are refering to the circuit breaker in the 'mains' to switch off?
And if you switch off at the circuit breaker then back on again, does that 'reset' the time-lag and leave your troublesome light off?

If so, it sounds like it's an electronic time-lag you've got. But maybe I'm reading it wrongly.

Sponsored Links
I live in a flat with a shared hallway which has a timer delay light switch. It used to be that you pressed it and it would give you about 20 seconds then switch off. Recently something happened where the light is now permanently on. The mains is in my flat so I switch it off when not in use but that also of course switches all my lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back