Replacing a Vaillant boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant 831792 GB boiler that has given excellent service for 18 years but I feel that it's probably due for replacement for something more efficient.

I would appreciate comments on models to shortlist when comparing quotes.

Are models available (newer Vaillants?) that would use my existing pipe layout as this would (I guess) simplify installation and minimise disruption?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
We really need your proper boiler model, often underneath on data label.

The reality is that Vaillant boilers used to be very solid and reliable and if working well the advice would be to not change it until something major fails.

The improvement in efficiency would only be about 12% at most and the cost of a replacement at about £2000 would never be recovered from the expenditure unless your gas bill is well over £2000 pa.

Tony Glazier

Hi not sure weather your heat exchanger will be the same as the new vaillants, I find the water ways on the vaillants/glowworms/Ariston/ravenheat are like a batch of micro bore pipe and tempremental to cleaning if dirt finds it's way in. Ali heat exchangers are poor in Worcester and ideal,I have fitted a couple of atag boilers bit bigger in size but heat exchanger and other parts seem very impressive in performance.
Vaillant are nice boilers but I have lost faith with service and find the gowworm range isn't much different in design,just paying for the name

Finding enthusiasm for any new boiler is as difficult as finding any for mainstream politicians.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back