Replacing a Villeroy and Boch toilet seat cover

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Toilet seat broken :(

I've been searching and searching for the same toilet seat
Someone recommended looking at the make and looking it up
(DOH!! No idea why I didn't start by doing this!)

Anyway: the make is Villeroy and Boch - these cost a lottta money!

Where else should I get a replacement?
OK... sounds a dumb question right?

I purchased from eBay - really really cheap toilet seat received (sold as 'Luxury Heavy soft closing')

I went to B&Q: a bit crazy, but they seemed to have ONLY one D shaped toilet seat - and that was a very cheap and nasty one

Went to Homebase - notice to the world: please don't go to homebase ever for a toilet seat - they are all rubbish

Went to bathstore today - having never been in one I always thought they were a 'prestigious' company. Cheap and horrible plastic that's all I can say!

Where should I go? Any ideas? I don't want to spend £100 - £200 on the toilet seat cover! But then I want something that will at least fit and not look out of place but be a little sturdy at least

Thanks

OM

Sponsored Links
You managed to search in all the wrong stores, local plumbers merchant will have or be able to source.

You managed to search in all the wrong stores, local plumbers merchant will have or be able to source.
lol - all that time wasted
i'll try a few local places as u suggest

I saw a posh Vilify and Bodge in my local petrol station - I could liberate it for you :LOL: . I`ll send you a pic. to see if it`s the same as yours ;)

Sponsored Links
@nige, how kind of you
God upstairs must be looking down on you and smiling got your kind act of generosity

I've actually come up with a really good idea: fix the broken seat
The hinge had come into 2 pieces
But, I'm thinking I could just glue back together again
Just wondering what the best glue to use would be

I'll pay some pictures of the broken parts tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back