Replacing an electric shower...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric shower thats died, I think its the pump as it switches on and off ok but no power there. I want to replace it, are all electric showers the same? How easy are they to fit? Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
most "electric" showers do not have a pump (that said i have seen some that do, but i did say "most"). power showers do have a pump, but although they run on electricity they are not considered to be "an electric shower"

What shower do you have at the moment? if you have a standalone pump it may be possible to change just that, or it may be something simpler.

I've had to replace a good many electrically operated valves in electric showers. Could it be that? These valves and heads are what Ireplace most often on showers.

When the valve is closed no water flows, no water flows, the pressure switches will not turn the heaters on, and much of the internal wiring appears dead.

valves are about £25 from the manufacturer + P&P + vat. Much less for a copy part from a merchant. Copy parts are often the exact same item.

Thanks guys, Its a power shower, it has a pump inside the box on the bathroom wall... I guess i could try and get it repaired but its seen better days and i would like to replace it anyway, Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored Links
Spencer said:
Thanks guys, Its a power shower, it has a pump inside the box on the bathroom wall... I guess i could try and get it repaired but its seen better days and i would like to replace it anyway, Thanks for the replies.

My shower has the same prob as yours , it does switch but i can hear a sound as if its beginning to work and then suddenly nothing , unfortunately i cant afford to replace at the mo, can anyone suggest how i can fix it. secondly i bought a head and hose for the mixer tap and water could not come out of the shower head,anyone help please!!!! :cry: :cry:

i should say the valve has gone which is why the showere doesnt. and as for no water out of your new shower head (for the existing mixer tap) you must have the hose kinked.

or if you are saying it lets water out if you lay it in the bath but not when you lift it up that is because there is not enough pressure to force the water out

just out of interest has any one turned your main stopcock down?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back