Replacing an old Wickes timer with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old Wickes timer/programmer for my hot water and heating. It has a backplate and the front that pushes/pulls off this. All the wiring is done into the terminals on the back plate. I'm hoping that this identifies the type of timer I currently have...

This also has a room thermostat.

I want to replace this system with a hive system:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hive-v1-central-heating-hot-water-controls/2470p

My question : Are you able to offer any tips on how the current wiring translates to the wiring for this device? I'm happy with the component that plugs into the router and how the wireless connectivity works across these.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
We will need more information in order to be able to confidently assist and give you the right/safe information. Can you give us the make/model of the thermostat? if not can you upload a photo. Also can you give us the make/model of the boiler.

EDIT: can you also take a photo of the wiring into the programmer and a photo of the thermostat too (wiring if possibly also).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back