replacing an RS1 thermostat with Honeywell DT90E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing the old RS1 thermostat with an DT90E.

The current wring for the RS 1 is Neutral, Live and call in connection 3. There is also an Earth.

Could someone please advise how these wires translate into the connection for the DT90E which are described as A, B, C.

Also it has a battery compartment. I'm assuming this is a back up for power loss rather than being the only power source. I can get the DT90e working with Battery power but it doesn;t work without the batteries in.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Live to A, call to B and terminate the neutral safely (not required). The batteries are needed for the unit to work.

Live into A ,wire from 3 into B snip the earh and safely isolate the neutral either by the stat or in junction box it comes from.
It needs the batteries to work ie sensing the temp and switching on and off. they are not there for back up

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I have searched the forum and have done this exact same thing as Mick but the heating ios not coming on in the morning.

Is there any suggestions to assist me please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back