Replacing back-to-wall toilet pan - what do I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 1980s toilet cracked and then disintegrated this weekend. I bought one of these to replace it: http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/saturn-back-to-wall-toilet-pan-2236-25093

The old one had a hidden cistern which I plan to keep. From the cistern runs a pipe which should more or less line up with the new pan.

The old toilet waste outlet is connected via an adaptor of some sort to a pipe which bends 90 degrees and goes into the floor. Again, this should more or less line up with the new pan.

If this photo uploads properly, it should show the existing water and soil pipe connections going into the old pan

There are no fixings, seals or adaptors with the new pan. So I think I need a new adaptor/connector between the pan and soil pipe, and possibly a new seal between the water inlet pipe and the pan.

As you might have guessed, I have never fitted a toilet before so I would appreciate some tips on what stuff I should have before I start the job of replacing old with new.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back