Replacing Ball Valve in Hot Water Header Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ball valve is dripping and a replacement washer didn't cure the issue so time to change.

It's a 1/2" Type2 but how do I know if it's high or low pressure? I ask after the fact as I took the old one off, went to B&Q and bought what looks like an identical replacement.

It's all fitted and appears to work fine but only after installation did I see mention of high/low pressure. The one I've fitted is low pressure.

Will this be OK? It fills fine and shuts off OK or do I need to go and get a high pressure version.

Sponsored Links
High pressure if connected to the mains.
Low pressure if feed from a tank.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure this is fed from the mains. So does that mean I need to go and get the high pressure version? It all seems to work fine and I can't see any difference in the valves between the old and the new.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but I'm curious as to what the difference is and if I'm safe to leave the new low pressure valve that I've just fitted in place? It's identical to that screwfix item apart from being a low pressure version.

Thanks Andy, I'll disassemble the old one and see if I can swap that part

In the picture above you will see '3 x high pressure white seats, 3 x low pressure red seats'

That is the part that is different.

Andy

Thanks for your help Andy, stripped old one which had a green restrictor in with a larger hole. Have now swapped that into new ball valve and all seems OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back