Replacing bedroom rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently renovating bedroom, removed old rad, pipework extruding from floorboards still remains. Ideally id like to get the same length rad but can probably get one slightly shorter because of better efficiency in modern rads, is that correct? BTU rating needs to be around 4000.
Id like to also have chrome pipes (that are on display) instead of the old copper ones.

Is anyone out there able to provide steps for replacing the upright pipes with chrome, and for fitting the new rad to said pipes? Securing the rad to the wall etc seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Just a quick thought, why dont you buy the copper wraps as a quick and hassle free alternative? to replace the pipes you have coming up, you need to get access to below the floor boards. basically you may have to cut the pipe, and as you want chrome tails, and i presume you dont own a blow torch (also its a pain to strip the chrome off!) i'd use a compression fitting to attatch the existing copper to the new chrome.

Thanks, I was thinking about the chrome sleeves, do they provide a good finish all the way up to the valves?

Sponsored Links
I have never used it personally, only chrome pipe. i would say firstly how straight your cuts are, and secondly how straight the tails are, if it's 15mm pipe, you will fair better than the smaller stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back