Replacing Bent Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks. First posting here, and thanks in advance for any help given!

I have a bay window with a long radiator in it which has been cut and rewelded to fit the shape of the bay.
Unfortunately it is now leaking (been there a long time though) and I would like to replace it with 3 individual radiators instead. The original is fed by 8mm pipes which come up through the floor at opposite ends of the bay, and would be almost impossible to get to due to the floor we have in at the moment. The system is a sealed combi one.
My question is, can you connect the 3 radiators together in series, and which way to do it? (i.e. in at bottom, out at top, top and bottoms both connected etc)

Thanks.

J

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't connect three rads with microbore as they would take 3 months to heat up.

:(

Is there another wall you could hang an adequate size rad on :?:

you can have radiator bend to fit the bay .. u need to make a jig with the angle of the bend to give to the merchants .

I have seen three radiators fitted in a bay window with both tops and bottoms linked in series with pipe, and feed and return at the two ends. It was fed with 15mm, not microbore, but seemed to work OK.

Linked this way, the three should function as one large radiator providing the microbore can supply the required heat input.

Sponsored Links
cs0jch said:
My question is, can you connect the 3 radiators together in series, and which way to do it? (i.e. in at bottom, out at top, top and bottoms both connected etc)

Thanks.

J

since you are keen and it will work one way or another why dont you just hang the rads and then pipe them up with both the tops and bottoms piped in between the rads. ive seen it done many times and it does work. at worst you could remove the pipes at the top of the rads if its not working right and try that for a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back