need to replace a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have 2 rads in the living room, 1 under the bay window and one on the opposite wall - it is the bay that is the problem.

the bay rad is 130cm long in the middle with 2 angled sections at about 45degrees that are 30cm long -it is quite old and rusty on one end which is dripping slowly and I want to replace before it bursts. would I be ok replacing with something 130cm long with no angled bits on it? I guess an angled one is going to be custom made which sounds expensive.

Sponsored Links
By all means, yes.

But you will need to consider whether the new rad will emit enough heat.

If the old one was a single panel, think about replacing it with a double, and put a TRV on it.

hmm, it is already a double - where can I find out about a similar shaped replacement rad?

I know there are companies out there who will make rads any shape or size you want (at a price).

I'm sure someone who has used them will be along in a while with contact details.

Sponsored Links
Triple panel rads are available. A third panel @ 130cm willl make up for the 'missing bits'. (4 times 30cm is 120cm)

Does the current rad have convectors/fins behind/between the panels?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back