Replacing Circulating Pump?

I do have to say using another CP53 would enable just the head to be changer which is a far easier job than fighting with seized up pump nuts!

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for the comment, I think the system hasn't been shown much tlc so it's probably quite likely there'd be some seized parts...

Still don't really know what to do but I'm off to bed. Cheers for the advice!

Sponsored Links
as ian said drain some water out & see if the tank re-fills
what ever you do is gonna cost a few quid, new pump, zone valve on the h/w, cylinder stat, new programmer, auto bypass, & if your boiler really is a 1982 model i'd put money on that cylinder being older than that so that may need changing in the not too distant future, it looks to me like it was orginally gravity h/w (with the size of the pipes) & has a limited upgrade

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Called out an expert in the end, he diagnosed that it was the pump and replaced it with a Grundfos. An independent guy so not too strict about the whole efficiency regulations, which was probably just as well in this case.

However, I'll be getting a few quotes to fit a combi boiler and get the system sorted out over the summer.

Right, back to the cricket... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back