Replacing Danfoss Randall 103 Programmer with Drayton SM1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am new to to this forum so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I recently moved into this property that has a Danfoss Randall 103 programmer for my immersion heater which has since stopped working and I am looking to get it replaced with a Drayton SM1 mechanical timer but I am unsure about which wire goes where. Any guidance will be helpful.

PS. I have been quoted £140 by my local electricians to replace the timer but it seems like a fairly straightforward process to swap the wires into the new wallplate thus £140 is seemingly excessive.

I have attached pictures of the current wallplate with the wires attached and the diagram for both Danfoss and Drayton timers.

Thank you for taking your time to read, again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Danfoss Randall Wiring diagram.png
    Danfoss Randall Wiring diagram.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,936
  • Drayton Timer.png
    Drayton Timer.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 605
  • Switches.jpg
    Switches.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 497
Sponsored Links
I think you are confused, neither of these control Immersion heaters, an Immersion heater is an electrical element that sits inside your HW cylinder, neither of these units are rated high enough to control one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back