Replacing dial thermostat with Honeywell CM907...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old style Honeywell dial thermostat (T6360B). This has three wires connected from my Baxi 105he combi boiler...

Brown from the boiler to terminal 1 in the thermostat
Blue 'switch' wire from the boiler to terminal 3 in the thermostat
Earth to the earch terminal in the thermostat

Am I correct in thinking that the CM907 should just be an easy swap with my T6260B?

There is no earth in the CM907 so I assume I just block that wire off? The wiring diagram for the CM907 shows two connections for a combi boiler to points A and B in the 907.

Can anyone confirm which wire from the T6260B should be connected to point A and which to point B on the CM907 or does it not matter as really it's just a loop for the switch?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You don't need the earth, there should be a place to put it in the 907 baseplate.
Order of the two other wires doesn't matter. :p

The old thermostat would never have worked well without a neutral wire, by the way, make sure they didn't use the green and yellow for a neutral. It's very common.

Just wired it up, and works perfectly :D Couldn't find an earthing point on the CM907, so just blocked that wire off.

Really strange because I installed it exactly the same way yesterday afternoon, and couldn't get the central heating to work at all. Done it again now and all works perfectly!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back