Replacing filling loop valve. Advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the turn off valves on the filing loop of the boiler doesn't turn off fully and lets out a dribble of water also the plastic black lever is cracked of i have to use a screwdriver then i want to top up the boiler.

To replace this valve do i just turn off the mains water, turn off the return and flow valves on the boiler and make sure no water is coming through the sink taps etc ?

Sponsored Links
Depends on which side is broken. Water side or heating side?

Depends on which side is broken. Water side or heating side?

When i turn the valve on, water gushes out. It has the down flow arrow on the valve. Am assuming its the water side ?

Its the lever on the left.

20200723_232151.jpg

Just turn the water off at the mains dont touch the isolation valves on the boiler, just open a cold water tap when you close the stop cock and when the water stops running leave the tap open as you swap the valve over , ten min job start to finish

Sponsored Links
Just turn the water off at the mains dont touch the isolation valves on the boiler, just open a cold water tap when you close the stop cock and when the water stops running leave the tap open as you swap the valve over , ten min job start to finish

can i just replace the valve and use the old nut and olive thats on there rather then trying to prise that out if its siezed and use some PTFE over the olive ?

can i just replace the valve and use the old nut and olive thats on there rather then trying to prise that out if its siezed and use some PTFE over the olive ?
yes, try and get a new valve with a metal handle rather than plastic , they are cheap rubbish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back