Replacing Floor boards in Bath area.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace the floor boards in my bath area. It is 1.5m x 1.5m square. Any recommendations as to what to replace it with. I was looking at 18mm chipboard from Wickes. Will that suffice?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Use ply, when chipboard gets wet it's feked!

I used marine ply in mine, not cheap though.

Andy

As Andy says use marine ply, even the water resistant chipboard ain't foolproof.
Ply tends to be stiffer too in my experience.

In my bathroom I went for normal ply, not marine ply as it was so much more expensive!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. Would 18mm be sufficient for the job? The floor would be laminate and not tiles once complete.

Quickstep with certain conditions is OK I used it in a kitchen without problems.

This from their site.

Quick•Step® laminate floors are very durable and made with our patented Uniclic® locking system. This locking system allows for the use of our products in both bathrooms and kitchens as long as certain precautions are taken. We do not recommend the use of any of our beveled products in bathrooms. However, our non-beveled products can and have been used successfully in bathrooms. We have special installation instructions to follow when installing Quick•Step® laminate flooring in the bathroom. In the kitchen, you may use any of our products including beveled products. Care must be taken to avoid leaving water on the floors. The perimeter gap around the sink, dishwasher, garbage compactor, any outside entrance door, and behind the refrigerator must be completely filled with Quick•Step® Sealant or a quality silicon caulk. Wet areas include but are not limited to: bathrooms, powder rooms, kitchens, mud rooms, foyers, and laundry rooms. Neither Quick•Step® flooring, nor Quick•Step® accessories are recommended for extreme humidity applications such as in saunas or swimming pool areas. Since prolonged water exposure could damage your laminate flooring, the following installation recommendations should be closely followed:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back