Replacing for bifold doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at changing the setup below for a bifold to cover the whole width.
The rad has already been moved.

The current window/door are external upvc as originally this was to the outside, but there is now a conservatory on the other side.

Would you recommend that any replacement is double glazed, suitable for external use etc?
Or is there another alternative of bifold to keep LABC happy?

Sponsored Links
Or is there another alternative of bifold to keep LABC happy?
In the olden days we used to fit things called French doors and sliding patio doors.

I'm toying with French doors as a possible. Wondering if they'll be a cheaper alternative?

Trying to keep the cost down.
I was thinking it would cheaper if I replaced the doors with single glazing, but I'd be not be building regs compliant?

Sponsored Links
I was thinking it would cheaper if I replaced the doors with single glazing, but I'd be not be building regs compliant?
Correct, sort of.

As long as the door performs as per external spec then it will be ok irrespective of glazing. It is just logical to assume having DGU's is easier and cheaper to achieve compliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back